How to Access Your COVID-19 Vaccination Status
Through the NHS App
You can access your COVID-19 vaccination status through the free NHS App from 17 May. You can access the app through mobile devices such as a smartphone or tablet. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will be shown within the NHS App.
We recommend that you register with the app before booking international travel.
By Calling 119
If you do not have access to a smartphone and know that the country you are travelling to requires COVID-19 vaccination status, you can call the NHS helpline on 119 (from 17 May) and ask for a letter to be posted to you. This must be at least 5 working days after you’ve completed your course of the vaccine. We expect the letter to take up to 7 working days to reach you.
The letter will be sent automatically to the address registered with your GP. The 119 call handler you speak to will not be able to see your address to check this with you. If you’ve recently moved house, make sure you’ve given your new address to your GP practice before calling 119.
Do not contact your GP surgery about your COVID-19 vaccination status. GPs cannot provide letters showing your COVID-19 vaccination status.
How to Access the NHS Covid Pass
The NHS COVID Pass is available if you:
- Have had a full course of the COVId-19 vaccine (a full course is currently 2 doses of any approved vaccine)
- Were vaccinated in England
- Are age 16 or over
The NHS COVID Pass is available in digital or paper format
- You can access your NHS Covid Pass 2 weeks after having your second dose of the vaccine.
- The patient received their vaccination overseas or outside their registered nation.
- A patient’s COVID-19 vaccination data will only flow into EMIS Web from their registered nation’s immunisation portal to officially record that the vaccination was delivered by that nation’s immunisation service.
- We have requested information from the three national immunisation services as to how a practice can validate and record patient COVID-19 vaccinations received either from overseas or where the patient has received the vaccination from outside their registered nation.
- We will update this page as soon as further information is available.
- Vaccination information is not showing in Patient Access or the NHS App (England only).
- A patient’s COVID-19 vaccination data will only flow into Patient Access or the NHS app from their registered nation’s immunisation portal to officially record that the vaccination was delivered by that nation’s immunisation service.
- Any vaccination given outside of their registered nation will not flow to Patient Access or the NHS app.